Enjoy these recipes with your family!
Golden Egg Bread (a soft bread, excellent for sandwiches)
¾ cup warm water about 100 F.
6 Tbsp canola or olive oil
1 package yeast
2 cups bread flour
1-cup whole-wheat flour (White Whole Wheat is great!)
4 Tbsp sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
3 Tbsp powdered milk dry
1. Beat water, egg, and oil together
2. Stir in yeast. Let sit about 5 min.
3. Mix dry ingredients (not yeast)
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir together Knead about 10 min.
5. Cover and raise in warm place until double
6. Punch down, shape into 2 loaves.
7. Place in Greased Bread pans
8. Cover & let raise about 45 min.
9. Bake in 350 degrees F 20-30 minutes until golden brown,
10. Cool and slice. Makes 2 loaves
Artisan Crusty Bread
2 ½ cups bread flour
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp coarse kosher salt
Mix together dry ingredients
Add 2 cups warm water
Mix together well with fork
Cover and let rest in warm place 70-80 degrees for 12 to 48 hours (overnight works)
4 cups bread flour
2 tsp coarse Kosher salt
1 ½ tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
1. Mix dry ingredients
2. Stir in poolish in small chunks and mix well
3. Add water and stir until combined then knead well
4. Cover in bowl until double in size (about an hour in a warm place-two if cool.)
5. Cut dough in half and flatten until able to fold in thirds like a letter.
6. Turn 90 degrees to the end and flatten again and fold in thirds.
7. Fold ends under and pinch together to make a boule (ball)
8. Place on cookie sheet or a parchment paper covered sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
9. Spray the dough with Pam and cover with plastic wrap.
10. Let rise until loaves are nearly doubled in size. Start the next step so the oven will be ready when it is double:
11. Put a flat pan that has an edge on it in the lowest shelf in the oven before you preheat to 500 degrees. I use a broiler pan or Aluminum foil pan.
12. Slice about ½ inch deep cut in top of loaves in two lines or an X
13. Put bread in oven on middle shelf
14. Pour 1 cup of water in hot pan on bottom shelf and close the door fast to trap the steam.
15. Turn oven down to 450 degrees.
16. Bake until dark brown 20-25 minutes. Turn bread half way through baking.
17. Cool AT LEAST 15 minutes before cutting bread. This is the hardest part!!!
Cinnamon Rolls A+
Mix in a machine with dough hook or knead 10 minutes by hand:
1 ¼ cup warm milk 100F
¼ cup butter melted and cool
1 egg beaten well
¼ cup sugar
¾ tsp salt
3 cup Flour (bread)
2 ½ tsp yeast
1. Cover dough in bowl and let raise until double.
2. Punch down and roll into 10×13” rectangle.
3. Brush with 2 TBSP melted butter
4. Mix together and then sprinkle on:
7 Tbsp Sugar
3 ½ Tbsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp brown sugar
1. Melt 5 Tbsp butter in 9x13x2 pan in oven. Don’t brown it!
2. Sprinkle melted butter with ½ cup brown sugar
3. Roll up rectangle from long side to make log.
4. Cut in 2” sections with sharp knife
5. Place in pan spiral side down
6. Raise 30 minutes
7. Bake 400F for 20-30 minutes
8. Flip upside down on large platter to cool. Leave pan over it for 5 min.
9. Cool and eat or add icing and eat
Cream Cheese Icing
1 stick of butter, softened
8oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1-2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp orange juice (optional)
1. Cream together butter, cream cheese until smooth
2. Add sugar 1 cup at a time and milk
3. Mix well
4. Beat on high until smooth
Great on Carrot Cake or Cinnamon rolls